I used applesauce instead of eggs to make the brownie moist. The effects of applesauce is same as the egg as leaving agent to the brownie. Applesauce has high moisture in it which turn to steam in the oven and gives a lift to the brownie similar as egg does. So let make brownie😊.
- 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- A pinch of salt
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter
- Semisweet chocolate chips (70% cocoa)
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 1/2 cup caster sugar
- 2 tbsp hot water
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 4 tbsp water
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Pre heat your oven at 180 C.
- Lightly butter or spray with non stick cooking spray 8×8 inch baking pan , lined with parchment paper with side up. So it will easy to lift up after it bakes.
- In a large bowl sift the; flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt mix it well and keep it aside.
- Put the butter and chocolate chips In a medium bowl melt in the microwave for about 40 seconds ( you can melt also in the double boiler method).
- They are melt but looks are not melted totally whisk until it get smooth and creamy.
- In a large bowl mix applesauce and sugar whisk until the sugar dissolves then add the hot water, pure vanilla extract mix well until combined.
- The add the melted chocolate whisk well until get incorporated, do not over beat it because we don’t want get air in the batter ( because we want chewy, fudgy brownie not like a cake.
- Then add the dry ingredients and mix it with spatula till combined. Pour the batter into the prepared pan, spread it using angled spatula to make it even. Drop few times to remove air bubbles.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or till the toothpick come out with some few moist crumbs. Let the brownie cool completely in the pan on wire rack. As it cool it will deflate a bit. Dnt worry it’s fine. Then pop up on the refrigerator for one hour. While waiting you can make salted caramel.
To make salted caramel:
In medium saucepan mix sugar and water stir to dissolve the sugar then bring to boiled in medium heat for about 8 minutes or till reach the amber colour ( remember do not stir while boiling to avoid formation of sugar crystal)
Let cooled slightly then pour to the top of the brownie the put back to fridge again until the caramel sits.
It’s better to make completely cooled and caramel are firmed before cut the brownie.
Hope you give a try for my recipe 😊