This is ideal for breakfast with milk, coffee or time, it can be in tea time too. And easy to make so let make scones.
- 2 cup plain flour
- 1/3 cup caster sugar
- 2 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup cold unsalted butter
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup heavy cream (reserved 1 tbsp for brushing)
- 1/2 tsp almond extract
- 1 cup frozen raspberries
- 1/3 cup milk
- Pre heat the oven at 375 F, lined baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large bowl sift the flour, baking powder, sugar and salt. Cut into small pieces or grate the cold butter mix until mixture resembles coarse crumbles.
- In separate bowl, whisk together the egg, heavy cream, almond extract and milk then add the dry ingredients and combine until form a moist dough.
- Transfer the dough to clean, lightly floured surface. Add the frozen raspberries and fold by hand gently.
- Flatten the dough out till it is 3/4 inch thick, used a 2 inch round cookie cutter to cut the dough about 8 to 10 Scones.
- Transfer the scones into the prepared baking sheet and brush the scones with reserved heavy cream let rest the scones atleast 30 minutes before baking to build up and remain its shape when baking.
- Bake the scones for 15 to 18 minutes till light golden brown. Allow scones to cool a bit before eating, but best to eat just warm.
Hope you give a try for my recipe 😊.