These Pina Colada Cupcakes are made super moist and fluffy Pineapple cupcakes, pineapple jam filling, infused with coconut rum and delicious coconut butter cream frosting. Inspired by the classic cocktail.
Coconut 🌴 and pineapple 🍍 are just perfect together. And it just make you feel like you should be on a beach, somewhere with beautiful weather. This is not difficult to make. And it can be a party treats as well. So here we go😊.
- 1 1/4 cup plain flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 85 grams salted butter ( softened)
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 85 grams sour cream
- 3 egg whites
- 120 ml Pineapple juice
- 4 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1 tsp coconut extract
- 1 tbsp Pineapple juice
- 2 tbsp coconut rum
- 1/2 cup sweetened coconut flakes
- Sliced Pineapple, cut into pieces
- Infused coconut rum
- 1/3 cup Pineapple jam( for filling)
- Pre heat oven to 170 C and line up cupcake pan with cupcake liners.
- In a large bowl cream the butter and sugar together until light pale and fluffy about 4 minutes, then add the sour cream and pineapple juice mix well until combined.
- Sift the flour and baking powder then gradually add into the butter mixture mix until combined.
- In the other bowl beat the egg whites until stiff peaks( make sure before beating the egg whites your utensils are greased free).
- Fold the egg whites mixture to the batter in two batches continue folding until incorporated( don’t over mix).
- Scoop the batter to cupcake liner about halfway. Then bake for 18 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out with few crumbs
- Remove cupcakes from oven let cool for 15 minutes.
- Once cupcake are completely cool fill up the pineapple jam using the apple core make a hole in the center then add the generous amount of filling and set aside.
- Beat the butter and shortening together until smooth and light pale, then add half of the powdered sugar mix until smooth and creamy, add the coconut extract pineapple juice,and coconut rum mix until incorporated, then add the remaining powdered sugar continue mixing until smooth and fluffy.
- Pipe the frosting on top of the cupcakes with swirls.
- To decorate the cupcakes, gently press the coconut flakes onto the side of the cupcakes then top them with a piece of pineapple and stick the infusers with coconut rum.
For the pineapple juice in cupcakes and frosting , I used the canned one. More easy and convenient.