To make this perfect cottony cheesecake you need to consider the right timing and temperature.
- 35 grams cake flour
- 10 grams corn flour
- 130 grams cream cheese
- 3 egg yolks
- 70 grams caster sugar(divided into 2 parts)
- 30 grams unsalted butter
- 50 ml full cream milk
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 egg whites
- 1/4 tsp cream of tartar
- Pre heat the oven to 200 C (top and bottom).
- Line the bottom of 6″x3″ round cake pan then greased the sides.
- Whisk the cream cheese, 35grms sugar, and butter on a double boiler until smooth should be the sugar all dissolved. Remove from heat, continue whisking until cheese and butter smooth and creamy.
- Then add the cold milk and whisk until fully combined.
- Add the egg yolks one at a time then whisk until smooth, and add the vanilla extract, salt and lemon juice whisk again to incorporate.
- Sift the flour and fold into the mixture until fully incorporated then set aside.
- In other bowl beat the egg whites at low speed until foamy, then add the cream of tartar and beat again at high speed till bubbles become very small but still visible. Gradually add 35 grms sugar beat until form soft peaks.
- Fold the egg whites mixture to the batter at 3 parts. Fold the first and second parts using hand whisk, then switch to spatula for the last parts gently fold until fully combined. Don’t over fold the batter.
- Pour the batter into prepared cake pan and tap on the counter to release air bubbles.
- Bake in waterbath at 200 C for 17 minutes on lowest rack in the oven then reduced temperature to 135 C for another 30 minutes. Then off the oven just leave the cake inside for 20 minutes. Remove from the oven and wait couple minute until cake pulls away from cake pan.
- Unmould once cake has pulled from sides of pan by inverting on to a smooth non stick pan, peel off the lining paper and invert back on to a rack to cool before decorating.
- To decorate I sprinkle powdered sugar on top then garnish with gold snow ❄️ flakes and pine tree 🌲 on the center.
Hope you give a try for my recipe 😊🙏❤️