Peonies are one of the most perfect and beautiful flower to use for romantic cake, especially for wedding cake. Peonies symbolize for good luck in marriage. They’re large-come in different colours a flurry of soft curved ruffles.
Peony are fantastic it can be fully blossom or semi-blossom still they’re are beautiful. I choose the fully blossom pink peony.
- 100 grams gumpaste (pink)
- Edible glue
- Cornflour (for dusting)
- 12 pieces 26″ flower wire( cut into 3 inches long)
- 10 pieces stamens ( readymade)
- Floral tape
- Peony petal cutter
- Ball tool
- Vein impressions mold
- Soft foam
- Rolling pin
- Silicon mat
- Slightly dust with cornflour your mat, and apply shortening on your hand to avoid sticking,then knead the gumpaste must be soft and pliable.
- Using the rolling pin, roll the gumpaste and cut using the peony petal cutter place the petal on the foam used the ball tool to smooth the edges to create ruffles and 3D effect of the peony.
- Place the petal on the vein impressions mold then insert the flower wire on the center of the petal. Allow them to dry atleast 12 hours before assembling.
- After they’re fully dried, assemble the peony. Tie the stamens at the center using flower wire the fold and fix using floral tape then assemble the peony petals starting in smaller size to the largest petal. Always fixed it with the floral tape, then they will not loosing. Then arrange the petal to their proper positions.then it’s ready to put on the cake.
Hope you give a try for this beautiful peony 🙏😊.