Chicken and Seafood Paella 🥘 is a classic spanish rice dish made with Arborio rice packed with chicken, sausage, mussels, shrimp and scallops, loaded with flavours.
This chicken and seafood paella will sure surprise and impress your significant other or guests. I can tell you my honey loved this very much, even he can ate 3 servings in one sitting, that’s about the best compliment I could get.
- 1 1/2 cup arborio rice
- 4 chicken thigh boneless cut into cubes
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 pcs chorizo sausage (slices)
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 garlic minced
- 2 pcs tomato diced
- 4 cup chicken broth
- 3 tsp paprika
- 2 tsp saffron
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- 1 lb. large shrimp
- 1 lb. mussels
- 1/2 lb. scallop
- 1/2 cup green peas
- Sliced lemon for garnish
- In large skillet or paella pan, heat the olive oil over medium heat, then add the chicken and chorizo sausage with salt and pepper, stir and cook for about 5 minutes until chicken light brown. Move the chicken and chorizo on the other side, then in the other fry the onions stir and cook for 2 minutes until onions translucent and soft. Add the garlic and cook for another minute stir to combine.
- Then add the arborio rice and tomato to the pan stir well to combine and let the rice cook in the sauce from tomatoes for about 5 minutes. You will notice it will start to brown the buttom, which is what are you looking for. At that time add the chicken broth, paprika, saffron and seasoned with salt and pepper. Stir everything together and cover with lid, cook for about 15 minutes or until most of the liquid has been absorbed by the rice. The rice this time not yet cooked.
- Turn down the heat and stir the rice around a bit, you will notice the crust on the buttom of the pan, that’s what you’re looking for.
- Arrange the shrimp, mussels and scallops over the rice and sprinkle the green peas then cover with lid again and cook for another 10 minutes or until the mussels opened up and shrimp became light orange. Turn off the heat keep the lid cover the pan for about 5 minutes then ready to serve, garnish with sliced lemon before serving.
It’s better to serve while hot.Enjoy eating. Hope you give a try for my recipe 🥘😊🙏.