This recipe takes that chocolate-love one step further, adding dark chocolate chips and semi-sweet cocoa powder to the batter for truly, madly, deeply chocolate bread. And also ripe banana is the star in this recipe. I add greek yogurt too, make more moist even last for few days still moist and soft the bread.
This recipe is very simple, so never waste you Banana every time you have over ripe banana on you fruit basket.
- 1 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large egg
- 100 grams unsalted butter
- 60 ml greek yogurt
- 1/3 cup semisweet cocoa powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 very ripe banana
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips (divided into 2 parts)
- 60 ml full cream milk
- 20 grams roasted walnuts
- Pre heat the oven at 180 C , line the 9×5 loaf pan with parchment paper.
- In heat proof bowl heat the butter and half of dark chocolate chips in the microwave for 20second on until they melt, dnt burn the chocolate.mix to combine. Then add the milk, yogurt and eggs whisk to incorporate.
- In the large mixing bowl mashed the ripe banana using fork or smashers, then add the sugar and vanilla extract mix to combine, then pour the chocolate mixture.
- Sift the flour, baking soda, baking powder and semisweet cocoa powder to the wet ingredients whisk until incorporated, make sure no lumps then gently fold in the remaining dark chocolate chips to batter.
- Pour the batter to the prepared loaf pan and sprinkle the roasted walnuts on the top.
- Bake for 50 minutes or when the toothpick comes out clean. Then place to the cooling rack to cool completely before sliced and serve.
Hope you give a try for my recipe. Enjoy 😊 🙏.