These scones were much different from the usual types of scones that I have made before . Light and fluffy, almost biscuits-like in texture. Irish Scones is one of my favourite teatime to bake at home they’re fresh and delicious.
The difference between these scones and the traditional scones is all about the ingredients. I used the Pure Irish Butter for this recipe which has a higher content of fat which means it create a creamy texture, I can tell you has big difference from the normal butter.
- 3 cups flour
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 6 tbsp Pure Irish butter
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1 Egg beaten for glaze
- Preheat oven at 200C . Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In large mixing bowl sift the flour, baking powder, sugar, salt. Then add the butter and mix I used the food processor to make more even and nice crumbs.
- Then add the milk, and sour cream and gently mix at this time I used the wooden spatula is dnt want to over mix the dough.
- Then roll the dough around 1 inch high then cut using the 2 1/2 inch round cookie cutter, can make 8 scones.
- Place the scones on the prepared baking sheet and brush on top with the egg beaten and let it rest for 15 minute.
- The bake the scones for about 20 minutes or until golden brown.
I prefer to eat the scones with tea, coffee or hot chocolate. More tasty while still warm.
Hope you give a try for my recipe 😊🙏.