Today I want to share the hongkong style mango pudding this one of the delights of the Hongkong dim sum feast. This pudding, is light as a feather, melting in the mouth, packed to the brim with the freshest mango taste and texture and creamy with aromatic hint of dairy.
Now you don’t need to come to Hongkong for this dim sum treat, you can make it quite easily at home. Of course I used Philippine Mango, known for their wonderfully sweet and tender flesh.
- 200 grams fresh mango, diced
- 100 grams mango purée
- 300 ml boiling water
- 150 grams white sugar
- 2 tbsp unflavoured gelatin powder
- 100 grams milk
- 200 ml cold water
- 100 grams heavy cream
- 1/2 cup condensed milk
- Whipping cream (optional)
- Measure out cold water amount into a bowl and put in the freezer to cold . Peel the mango, divide the correct amount for making mango purée and diced mango. I used hand blender to make a mango purée.
- Put the purée thru a sieve to get out any fibre. Then dice the correct amount of mango for topping and set aside.
- Mix boiling water with sugar and gelatin until dissolved. Add milk and cream into gelatin mixture, stirring the whole time. Add the mango purée, stir until mixed. Last stir in the cold water.
- Pour the mango mixture to the desired mold, I used dessert glass, you can used silicon mold is fine.
- Chill in the fridge for 2-3 hours or until mango pudding set. When ready to serve just bring out from the fridge for 15 minutes then whipped the whipping cream on top and garnish the dice mango and lightly sprinkle with condensed milk for extra sweetness but this is optional.
Hope you give a try for my recipe.Happy eating 😊🙏.