Great sandwiches start with the great bread. I love ❤️ this recipe. It yields an extremely light, air pocket-riddled bread. In this bread the dough is extremely slack (wet) and very sticky. This consistency is what gives the bread it’s lovely holey texture. It really easy to make and turned out so good, they had a hint of sweetness and lighter texture than the normal bread.
For the Panini bread;
- 2 cup bread flour
- 3/4 cup warm milk
- 1 egg beaten
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsp dry active yeast
For the filling;
- 1 can tuna flakes
- 2 tbspcup mayonnaise
- 1 tomato sliced
- 1 cup lettuce
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Butter to spread in the panini bread before add the filling (optional)
- 1 tbsp Dijon Mustard
- 2 tbsp finely chopped onions
- 1 tbsp Parmesan cheese
- In a bowl of stand mixer combine the flour, yeast, sugar and salt give a whisk until combined.
- Then start the stand mixer with dough hook attached at low speed then gradually add the warm milk and egg beaten then increase speed to medium ,knead the dough for about 15 minutes at first the dough is very wet and sticky later becomes smooth dough.
- After kneading the dough turn out onto the floured surface and divide the dough into 6 pieces. Shape into oblong panini style rolls. Flatten the them down by pressing with your hand or rolling pin. Place the panini on the baking sheet with parchment paper, cover and let rise until doubled , about 45 minutes.
- Brush with melted butter and bake at 350F pre-heated over for about 12-14 minutes. Then place in cooking rack.
- To make the tuna filling, combine the tuna flakes, onions, mayonnaise, Dijon mustard mix until incorporated then add the Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper to taste mix well until fully combined.
- Cut the panini bread into half then I spread some butter in both side for more taste then spread the tuna filling then add the lettuce and sliced tomato then you can enjoy your panini sandwich while still warm the bread.
Hope you give a try for my recipe 😊🙏.