Here’s another variety of the buns that I love to eat. Pork floss buns Is full of taste that you loved too. I’m using milk bread as a base then filling and toppings of the pork floss.
This recipe is easy to make. Same as some variety of buns that I made before. It’s perfect for snack time or teatime.
For the dough:
- 2 1/2 cup bread flour
- 1 1/2 tsp active yeast
- 1/4 cup condensed milk
- 15 grams white sugar
- 30 grams unsalted butter
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup full cream milk
For the filling and topping:
- 1 cup pork floss
- 1 egg beaten ( for brushing)
- Warm the milk then add the white sugar and the yeast stir then wait to activate the yeast for about 5 minutes.
- In a bowl of stand mixer add the flour, salt,butter, and condensed milk mix using the dough hook at medium low speed to incorporate, then add the yeast mixture . At first is very sticky then increases the speed to medium high knead the dough for about 15 minutes.
- Then cover with cling wrap and let it rise for about an hour.
- When the dough is ready, divide the dough into 8 pieces I used weighing scale to make it equal size.
- Roll each dough into small ball the using small rolling pin rolled it make it flattened then add the filling 1 full spoon of pork floss each dough, the sealed it. Let it rise for about 30 minutes on a baking try.
- While waiting, start to pre heat oven at 180 C.
- When the bun is ready brush with egg beaten the bake for 15-18 minutes or until golden brown then remove from the oven brush again with egg beaten the add the toppings the put back to the oven bake for 5 minutes then it’s done.
It’s better to eat while still warm. Hope you give a try for my recipe 😊🙏.