Summer time, today I decided to make a key lime pie, I no need to travel to the south especially in Florida to taste this famous dessert. The freshness,sweet and tangy flavour of the key lime make this pie standout and luscious.
For the pie crust;
- 1 cup crumb graham/disgestive biscuit
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup melted salt butter
For the key lime filling;
- 1 can(14 oz.) condensed milk
- 1/2 cup key lime juice
- 1 tsp key lime zest
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 egg yolks
- 1/2 cup heavy cream for garnish
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup sliced key lime for garnish
- Pre heat oven to 350F. Mix the graham/ digestive biscuit, butter and sugar. Then press to the 8″ pie dish to form a crust shell then bake for around 7 minutes and let cool for 30 minutes.
- To make the key lime filling, whisk the condensed milk, egg yolks and key lime juice, salt and the key lime zest together mix until well incorporated, then pour to the pie crust, using the pallet knife make it evenly. Then bake for about 10-15 minutes. Then let it cool.
- Beat the heavy cream, sugar until become stiff peaks form then pipe to cooled pie and garnish with the sliced key lime. Let the pie chilled atleast 3 hour before serving.
Hope you give a try for this recipe 😊🙏.