My morning is not complete without coffee…..Espresso is my fave… Today I want to share my recipe Chocolate Espresso Muffins…..this muffin is full of flavour, super moist and crunchy toppings. It's easy to make. It's perfect for breakfast or even in snack with a cup of coffee or cold milk….
For the Muffins;
- 1 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup natural unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 ground cinnamon
- 1 egg beaten
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter (melted)
- 1/4 cup of espresso coffee
- 3/4 cup whole milk
- 1 tsp kahlua (coffee liquor)
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans (roast)
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
For the crunchy toppings;
- 1/2 cup chopped roast pecans
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- Pre heat oven to 190 C, line a Muffin tins and slightly greased with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl mix together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, cocoa powder,salt, and cinnamon mix wells until fully combine.
- In the othe bowl mix together the milk, egg, melted butter, Espresso, sugar and kahlua mix to combine the add to the flour mixture fold until incorporate the pour the chopped pecans and chocolate chips stir to combine, do not over mix the batter.
- Pour the batter to the prepared Muffins tin. Then toss the toppings and sprinkle evenly to the muffin and bake for 17-20 minutes or until when insert the toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool the Muffins before serving. For me I like a bit warm more taste….
Hope you give a try for my recipe 🙏😊.