Happy Easter 🐣 holiday everyone …I made this cutie, colorful cookie remembering my childhood, and you will having fun and enjoy doing this treats. It’s very delicious.
For this cookie I used sugar cookie recipe and coconut flavour instead of vanilla. And also a royal icing, colorful sprinkles, and gel food coloring.
- 3 cup plain flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 stick salted butter
- 1 large egg
- 2 tsp coconut extract
- Colorful sprinkles (for decoration)
- Pink gel food color
For royal icing:
- 1 lb. powdered sugar
- 1/ 4 cup meringue powder
- 1/3 cup water
- In a bowl of stand mixer combine the butter and sugar using paddle attachment beat until creamy, then add the egg mix to incorporate the add the coconut extract and the flour gradually mix until we’ll combine and form a soft dough.
- Wrap the cookie dough with plastic wrap and chilled in the fridge for about 30 minutes.
- Pre heat the oven at 150 degrees C, line the baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Roll the dough in floured surface and cut the dough using cookie cutter, I used egg cookie cutter to form like a egg. Then bake the cookie for about 15-18 minutes then let it cool before decorating.
- To make royal icing sift the powdered sugar few times together with meringue powder , then whisk by add water little by little at a time, continue whisking until well combine. Then divide into two parts one part add the pink gel food color the mix to combine well. Transfer the icing into piping bag.
- The pipe to the cookie as what you desire, and tops with colorful sprinkle then let it dry for few minutes. Infact royal icing is easy to dry so you no need to worry about. Then its ready to eat the cookie.
Hope you give a try for my recipe 🙏🐣🐣🐣🐣😊😘