Cassava cake is a yummy, fudge and flavorful dessert made of grated cassava or tapioca. This dessert is one of the Filipino delicacy and some like to topped with macapuno custard or grated cheese.
For me I like to eat this with hot coffee. And in this recipe I used fresh grated cassava….if you can’t find the fresh one you can used the dried one mostly can buy in Asian supermarket….so let get started….😊
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large egg
- 370 ml evaporated milk
- 380 ml condensed milk
- 400ml coconut milk
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup grated cheese (for topping)
- 1 kilogram grated fresh cassava
- Prepare and greased square or any cake tin . Pre heat the oven to 170 degree C.
- Beat the egg, sugar, evaporated milk, condensed milk, coconut milk and salt…. then gradually add the grated cassava mix until combined.
- Pour the batter into cake tin, even up the mixture using the spatula. Then sprinkle generously the cheese on top.
- Bake until the top is golden brown for around 1 1/2 hours, the edges will crusty and caramelized, cover with the aluminum foil for the last 30minutes to avoid burning.
- Remove the cake from the oven, let it cool completely before slicing. For best results serve it at room temperature. And can store for 3 days in fridge or longer in the freezer. Just microwave or heat up when you want to eat.
Hope you will give a try for my recipe….happy eating…😊🙏🙏
2 Comments Add yours
Thank you 🙏